The Eastern Shores Library System (ESLS) is seeking an experienced library professional and innovative leader to serve as our next Director. The Director is the chief executive officer for the library system and is responsible for coordinating all management, planning, and evaluation activities. The Director reports to a fifteen member Board of Trustees appointed by Ozaukee and Sheboygan Counties.
Required qualifications include:
A master’s degree in library science, or equivalent, and eligibility for Grade 1 Wisconsin Public Librarian Certification
5 years of progressively responsible administrative and financial management responsibilities in a public library or public library system, or equivalent.
Essential knowledge and abilities
- Thorough knowledge of library principles, procedures, and technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wisconsin library law and regulations governing library systems and public libraries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work well with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of widely accepted financial management, and personnel management practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of widely accepted organizational planning and evaluation methods, and program planning and evaluation practices.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
ESLS has a long history of offering outstanding services to its thirteen member public libraries and their patrons. The Library System also operates a very popular bookmobile service and provides technology-related services through the EasiCat shared integrated library cooperative to the 13 public libraries, Lakeland College and the bookmobile. Eastern Shores includes Ozaukee and Sheboygan County with a population of 200,000+. The Library System administers the county library service plans for both counties. ESLS currently has a $2.5 million annual budget, including a $1 million operating budget, and 14 employees (9.5 FTEs).
Salary range is $58,000 to $62,400, and a comprehensive benefit package is provided, including health insurance coverage, vacation, and state retirement program.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The review of applications will begin on September 16, 2013. Applications received by this date will be given priority, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.